Sunday, May 22, 2016

Adam's Hawk


Adam's Dad brought in a hawk he shot so that we could have a look at its impressive wings, we also noticed the large yellow claws which Adam's Dad will preserve at home.  We learnt that there are so many hawks now that they are becoming pests to farmers and preying on young stock like piglets and lambs, therefore they need to be shot.  Kelly told us about his previous job hunting goats and showed us a picture of a pig he killed on his phone as well as him with a Trophy head stag!


We also marvelled a cool picture of Adam the Hunter with a rabbit he shot...


Thanks for sharing these stories with us Kelly, we know you are working hard and appreciate the time you took today to speak to the class and answer questions about hunting!

14 comments:

  1. "The wings were pretty cool and I liked touching the sharp claws but I didn't like them cause they a little bit too sharp so I just touch the head. I go Deer hunting with my Uncle, my Dad and my cousins." Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The tummy was fluffy and the wings were long and fluffy, I go Deer shooting with my Dad too." Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I liked the sharp claws and it had lots of feathers, only my Dad and his friend Victor go hunting, they went to the forest to look for a deer but looked for two hours and didn't see anything." Owen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo true. Owen's dad and Victor haven't found anything to hunt yet!

      Delete
  4. "The beak is long and it had blood in its mouth and its soft in its tummy, he has long nails." Esther-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dad caught a brown trout and he caught two hawks and he saw a pig. I have a black gun and I am learning to shoot with him." Adam

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It was fun touching its head, it feels soft, My Uncle took me on the trailor to get a big pig and rotten kai for it." Promise

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I liked the Hawk because the wings were fluffy and I liked it the head too. I have been hunting with my Dad and we got a big fish and its at home." Heleina

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I liked the Hawk's beak and its head was so soft cause we like the wings too they were stretching out wide and I have been hunting with my Dad but I was in my Mum's tummy and they caught a pig!" Kataraina

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I liked the sharp claws they are cool, I have been hunting with my Mum and my brother and we caught a big big fat pig!" Reihana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how amazing...i loved reading all the childrens comments...keep it up room 3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow how amazing, Kataraina and i really enjoyed reading all the childrens comments....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow how amazing, Kataraina and i really enjoyed reading all the childrens comments....

    ReplyDelete